Recently the HaveFunBiking, Bike Getaway Contest randomly pulled a name from its e-Mag reader database for the Stillwater prize package – Congratulations goes to Nancy Shultz, from Faribault, MN!
This Bike Getaway highlights a prize package that Nancy and her guest can build on for a trip to Stillwater this Fall or next year. The package begins with a complimentary one-night stay for two, at Water Street Inn, located in the historic downtown Stillwater area, on the river near the remarkable Lift Bridge and bike trail.
Also included in this package for two:
- St. Croix River Cruise on the St. Croix Boat & Packet, lunch included
- Dining at The Dock Cafe, recently voted the Twin Cities Best Restaurant on the Water
- Stillwater was the site of Minnesota’s first prison. Enjoy a free tour, for two, of the original 1800s home of the Prison Warden, by the Washington County Historical Society, and Warden’s House Museum, right at the start of the bike trail
- Then quench your thirst at the newest craft beer brewery in town, also near the bike trail, on Main Street. Here enjoy a Rock Star Flight (every beer on tap) and two Maple Island Brewing pint glasses to take home.
Other fun opportunities to check out while staying in Stillwater:
- Take a walking tour along the communities hillside streets and view the many historic homes, churches and the Stillwater Library
- Shop the many unique boutiques and antique shops in the downtown district
- Checkout the wineries and other breweries in the area
- And, stop at the Chilkoot Cafe & Cyclery, on the hill at the corner of Fourth Street S. and Churchill Street W.
Winners of our HaveFunBiking Destination Bike Getaway Packages are selected randomly from our e-Database throughout the summer. If you haven’t subscribed already, please register now for our weekly drawings throughout the year b clicking here.
About Stillwater and the St Croix River Valley
The City of Stillwater is a popular spot for active individual’s using the new Brown’s Creek paved trail system when visiting in all four seasons. A charming historic town built from its early lumber and river e-commerce days, this bike friendly community is a half hour drive from the St. Paul, located on the St Croix River, bordering Wisconsin.
The bike trail here gradually follows the Brown’s Creek Valley out of town and intersect with the Gateway Trail that you can ride all the way into St Paul. Staying in Stillwater, enjoy the historic downtown area where it’s easy to find a delicious place to eat or stop after a ride to enjoy an ice cream treat. If water sports (fishing or paddling) are also your thing, extend your stay for more fun on the water. With more than 15 lodging properties (B & B’s, Historic Inn’s, Hotels and House/Lodge rentals it’s easy to make Stillwater your vacation headquarters and waking up to the relaxing sounds of an occasional riverboat whistle. For more information about Stillwater and its many options, see: DiscoverStillwater.com.