If you think you will exceed your planned level of endurance riding through the summer and looking for a memorable way to test those glutes, thighs and calf muscles, consider ‘Ride the Ridges’. In its sixth year, on Saturday, September 15, 2018, the Winona Rotary Club is expanding its annual road tour event. This ‘Ride the Ridges‘ (RTR) event will take riders through some of the most scenic areas in Southeastern Minnesota. Participants of RTR will pedal into lush valleys riding alongside cascading streams then up into the bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River. Are you up for the challenge?
Bike Routes on Riding the Ridges
Choose one of four RTR routes, each having hills, valleys and spectacular views. All routes have rest stops and SAG support!
Early registration is through August 31, and includes a pair of RTR socks , meal voucher ($7.50 value), rest stops, SAG support, and after-ride drink token at Island City Brewing Co.
The RTR benefits the Winona Rotary Clubs – Feed My Starving Children program.
Check here for places to stay, eating establishments and attractions when visting.
What past riders say about RTR
- The beautiful scenery and the challenging hills make this event one to remember.
- The ride is beautiful and scenic with long flats and some rolling hills. But what makes this event stand out are the wonderful volunteers along the way. They all had smiles on and each one offered us enthusiastic encouragement. The warm and tasty coffee from Mugby Junction made the event all the more welcoming and memorable.
- Great ride support. Will do it again. Hopefully without the rain.
- Even in the rain, the camaraderie of participants and volunteers was excellent. I would ride definitely ride again.
- Shower after and a vegan option food truck…what could be better.
- I have done multiple century rides and the spacing, food quality and staffing of the rest stops is the best I’ve seen. Thank you!
- Ride The Ridges is as good as it gets when it comes to bike tours. It offers great scenery, safe roads, superb organization, wonderful volunteers, excellent rest stops, mechanical support and a choice of distances…….everything a cyclist could ask for.
- I have participated in many century rides around Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. This was my first time doing the “Ride The Rides” century and it was a treat! It was challenging, beautiful, fun, great volunteers and in the top 3 of all the century’s I have completed. If you want an awesome ride come to Winona!
- This was my first organized cycle event. Being from out of town l was a little nervous but i met some awesome volunteers and local folks that made it a great experience well done. See you next year.
- Best organized ride that I did this season. Very scenic and somewhat difficult route. Just the kind of ride that I want to usher in the end of an awesome road biking season. Thank You All….
- You have to do this if you enjoy biking. Great roads, great event!
- This is my third time Riding the Ridges. The route is my favorite among sponsored rides. The signage is always clear and the support along the way is wonderful. Will definitely do it again!
- Ride the Ridges had the best rest stops and volunteers. The food selection was excellent. The volunteers were extremely friendly. I also loved the HAM operators supporting the ride.