Date(s) - 09/19/2021
Distance: 17 miles
Join Mayor Douglas Anderson and Lakeville Friends of the Environment (LFE) volunteers for the Tour of Lakeville. This 17-mile bike ride on trails and bike lanes in Lakeville, MN will showcase our parks, lakes, and conservation areas. Ride with us in this free, socially distanced ride, pre-registration required.
More on the Tour of Lakeville
A family fun event, ride along with Lakeville Mayor on this fall bike tour of the city. Leaving at 9 a.m. out of Pioneer Plaza the tour will explore many of the city’s bike-friendly routes. Along the Tour ride participants will discover many attractive segments of the community’s outdoor spaces that include:
- Great view of Lake Marion as the tour passes the West Lake Marion Mountain Bike Trailhead that opened last year.
- The newly paved Juno Trail hugs the lake shoreline.
- The popular Antler’s Park with a swimming beach, picnic areas, volleyball, and horseshoes.
- On Ipava Trail, just north of Ira Lane, reach the highest point of the ride, 1,108 feet, for a fist bump.
- Listen for birds and look for butterflies on the paved trail through Michaud Park-Conservation Area.
- And More!
Don’t worry no one will be dropped on this family-friendly ride. However, all ride participants are expected to ride at a moderate pace so everyone can share their favorite ride stories after returning.
The tour begins at Pioneer Park Plaza, in the downtown area, at 20801 Holyoke Ave. Lakeville, MN, 55044. Bike tour participants will return back to the downtown area so they can take in local festivities. You can register online for this bike ride with the city parks department by clicking here or call 952-985-4600 for more information.
The ride is scheduled to last approximately two and a half hours. This time frame is dependent on the number of registered bikers and the route. Please bring a helmet and a water bottle.